- Halloween on South Street
- PaperStreet Dead Sexy - Soul Travelers Orchestra and Ali Shaheed Muhammad of A Tribe Called Quest
- Josh Wink at Fluid
- Henri David Ball - The place for seeing and being seen with fabulous costumes.
- Lil Dave and Skeme Richards at Walnut Room, free
- The Wednesday Wednesday with Slice and Nicky Money. Erry Wednesday good peoples
- Silk City with the usual cast of characters - Pink Skull and Broadzilla
- Turbostation at the Ruba
- 80's dark disco mixed for Modular by Radge. Subscribe. Download
- Mad Decent Kill Yourself Again - All 3 T mafia related, all horror movie samples
- Curtis Vodka Mishka Doombox Halloween Mix
- Michael Jackson - Thriller (Bird Peterson Remix)
- Bird Peterson's Monster Club Mash
- Memphis Horror Rap Mixtape
- Misfits - Halloween (Cousin Cole vs Flufftronix Reedit)
- 33Jones Hip Hop Halloween
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
So as you may be able to tell from the posts on here, I don't really listen to bands at all unless I used to listen to them in the 90's. I especially don't listen to any of this new indie rock stuff. Casi G on the other hand is the complete opposite always telling me how he bought the new MSTRBear vs Panda album. Once he starts that sentence I tend to tune out, course most of the time I don't actually listen to him. I think I've developed a caching function, so you have to hit a keyword and then I bring up the whole conversation, pretending like I've been listening the whole time. Its a really awesome upgrade in version 2.6. Surprisingly enough, he put the new Panda Bear album Person Pitch on and I actually liked it. This means alot to me, it has to be good if I actually like it. I'm thinking because it sounds like 70's acid rock. Or maybe rolling in the fields on a warm day on happy pills. I would definitely not be into skating to it as in the video. Well maybe that 70's style skating where you were more surfing on the sidewalk doing hang tens and carving before polyurethane wheels. Also, I could have sworn that they are playing again at an R5 show but its not currently on their site. Yeah, so buy the album and I would definitely recommend the vinyl edition but there is like one song per side of the record which is incredibly annoying to flip every song but it sounds so much warmer and brings out the fields so much more.
UPDATE: Casi just reminded me of the rest of the story. I think I went over to watch an Eagles game that was on late or baseball or some other sport that I have since given up on in the past month. He was already 18 deep in on a Hoegarden case and I was really not feeling this at first. There we are sitting on the couch watching a mute TV with the remote too far away. There is no way I'm getting up to listen to any more of this. So Casi finally gets up, since he had to get another beer, and he flips the record for song 2. I actually start to get into it since I'm pretty sure whatever team I was watching was losing. So I flip it for the next song, when I get a beer, and flip it again. This continues for awhile and we listen to the whole album and the case of beer. I keep exclaiming how much I actually like this. Then to get back on track we listened to Yadadamean:
- Interesting post over at Wired claiming that vinyl will be the ultimate killer of the CD. As you may guess, I'm sure Casi would agree. Somewhere along the way I got hooked on vinyl as well. I can't quite justify buying double albums this way, but singles and I love love old jazz records, not the reissues from recent years, but the old vinyl with the crackling and everything.
- Lala, yet another possible threat to the music business. Wired does a writeup of the service and the founder who has conquered multiple other markets and got bored of traveling. To me it seems rather similar to Pandora except that it offers links to buy the music you're listening to. Can anything save the music industry? Is it worth saving? Do we need major record labels?
- Never buy a ringtone again.
- Waffleswaffles and jam. Anyone used any of these? What.cd seems to be in the lead. Waffles.fm is still in its infancy. Stmusic and funkytorrents both eclipse these newbies in users and torrents. Whats your favorite? Sorry, no I don't currently have any invites.
- Trent Reznor is producing Saul Williams new album and was an Oink user. I'm not sure whether or not to be scared or to just write this off as boring typical music journalism: "The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of Niggy Tardust!, a mind-boggling fusion of genres — think NIN meets Gnarls Barkley meets Justice". Read the article here. Pay or not for the album tomorrow here.
Where does your opinion fall? D5151 likes it...in my notoriously un-humble and extraordinarily loud-mouthed opinion I find it to be bandwagon jumping rubbish from a guy that has been such a individual in Rap for so long.
A cop was shot at 22nd and Samson, and the shooter jumped into the Skuykill river to get away.
Last I heard, they're still looking for him.
I don't do fact checking, so any of the above may be false, but it's got street cred, so I'll trust it for now.
I've got a lot of great footage from the night, but it'll take a while to compile it all and edit a proper video, so here's a little teaser I put together real quick:
More to come.
Monday, October 29, 2007
On some other shit I first saw Jenny Owens Young while I was dating this girl who was all fucked up in the head. She was a lot of fun but would always say the craziest shit to me. For example... We had started fooling around and it got interesting and then she straight up stops everything and says
"Do you live journal?"
Me of course "Whats that like bloggin? Nah that shits stupid. Why?"
"Well I was just curious ya know cuase thats how I meet a lot of people in my life."
me throwing down the mack "So let me guess you live wire or what ever its called [aside: purposely throwing in the mistake, chicks dig dumb dudes]
"Ohh don't worry you can meet a bunch of my friends from Live Journal at this show over at the Tin Angel. We all meet on Live Journal and its kinda how we keep up with each other."
Me moving my hands up her body "What show are we seeing at the Tin Angel?"
"Oh Jenny Owens Young, she is kinda like Blue Grass mixed with some singer song writer folk stuff. Your gonna love it."
"Does she sing about lesbianism? Cause you know I am a lesbian."
Thats when shit started poppin again. Anywho the moral of this story is the next day I went on Live Journal and found out that she made a post about me saying some shit like
Mood: Just had great sex with this guy you are gonna meet at the Jenny Owens Young show tonight guys see you then.
It was kinda the best show I have ever seen at the Tin Angel. Jenny also signed my CD I was totally floored. She also talks shit on the crowd the whole time she preforms and ended with this track it was fun.
Get tickets here
This is a hot new club banger from Kicks Ft. Prince Rob & John J. referring to the AUC in Atlanta.. For those who don't know its the Atlanta University Center... The crunkest spot for events, parties & fun in Atlanta
- Kicks ft Prince Rob and John J - In Da AU (dirty single)
- Kicks ft Prince Rob and John J - In Da AU CD single with clean, dirty, inst and accapella
Sunday, October 28, 2007
If you haven't already seen this get your ass in gear!
Steve Powers: The Magic Word
October 20, 2007, to January 27, 2008
Morris Gallery, Historic Landmark Building
Powers, who was born and raised in Philadelphia’s Overbrook section and has resided in New York since 1995, is an internationally known graffiti artist who has recently been embraced by the contemporary art world. Using the idiom of the billboard and the storefront, Powers, using his graffiti moniker ESPO, has created many illicit outdoor murals which riff off the capitalist marketing experience. Beginning in 2004 and ongoing, Powers participated in and co-curated Dreamland Artist Club an ambitious project on the Coney Island amusement boardwalk, in which he and several other artists worked with low-income business owners to improve commercial signage. Recently, Powers has been making narrative painting installations, still very much informed by signage, in which he recounts through a clever balance of verbiage and imagery, graffiti tall tales, autobiographical missives, and various urban legends.
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Lezpyres Movie Premier
Sunday Oct 28th, 7:30pm
at Lounge 125 (125 S. 2nd St.)
[Update: The "event" begins at 7:30, but the movie will start playing at 9pm.]
The soundtrack to the movie has tracks by "atma" and "Miss Behave" who also spin a live drum and bass set, called Alchemy 101, every Monday 8-11pm. See? Drum and bass in Philly isn't dead, you just gotta look really carefully.
Listen in to Alchemy 101 here.
There, I think I got in all the plugs I've wanted to make for the last 6 months.
Friday, October 26, 2007
- Seclusiasis Phreak Out with Andy Pry at Khyber Upstairs (56 S. 2nd)
- Philebs is having a Halloween Party at Johnny Brendas with all sorts of wholesome activities like put your hand in a weird box and win Porn! (Frankford and Girard)
- Party late at the Arts Garage with Steve Bloodbath, Jhn Rdn, DJ Frosty and Billy Martin (!??! yes that Billy Martin from Medeski, Martin and Wood (MMW)).
- Not specific Halloween, but awesome nonetheless, Fridays at Mansion with Brendan Bring'em and Jes One til 3, free before 12 and $4 drinks til 12.
- Vampires & Vixens thrown by a lovely friend of 5151. Ball out of control at Z Bar.
- Bleached Black with special guest Designer Drugs at Medusa
- Download these bangers for a small snippet of the awesomeness
- Rizumu late night masquerade, 18+
- Whoa, Busy Bee is at Fluid for TastyTreats
- PaperStreet does it big in AC with Brendan Bring'em
Link (via Philebrity)
>>>Wow! Years and years after Philly was supposed to have a Public Access channel, there finally is one. Not that everyone doesn't already have a million options instead of traditional TV. The current estimates are that it will be live in January 2008 and are currently looking for content. Submit your videos to http://www.phillyaccess.org/
>>>Joe Sixpack posted his second reason why Philly is the best beer drinking city. It has to do with 10% and Dogfish.
>>>More beer news from Joe Sixpack, Standard Tap is tapping a new cask ale every Wednesday, taking Halloween off but back November 7th with a Yards Ale.
>>>With 0 votes tallied and 0% of precinct reporting Philly Will Do is calling the Mayoral race over 12 days before it begins.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
- Philthy.us has pics of Making Time
- Yapsnaps has Making Time and Boom Boom Bunny fashion show pics
- Nash Hibbard has been busy for TwoOneFive Mag
Triple Gloss Entertainment (that name was shorter than 3 Hot Chicks Throwing Parties Entertainment) is having their 3rd (Annual) Vampires and Vixens party. This is NOT a Goth party (not that there's anything wrong with that) but a 5 hour costume dance-travanganza. DJs Adam Bomb and Lee Jones will be spinnin' dance muzak all evening.
There's an open bar option on the ticketing that includes all you can drink Ciroc. There's other stuff on the open bar but my eyes lost focus once I read that and visions of drunken debauchery started flowing through my head.
Also there will be regular tickets, bottle service and what costume party is complete without prizes? And did I mention already that it's thrown by beautiful women...that hang out in flocks like geese (walking every where in V shaped patterns to lower wind resistance [not that there's anything wrong with that]). What I'm saying here is last year the beautiful person/ugly person ratio last year was like 500/2 (me and an Andy Reid impersonator)
You can get some more information and links to buy tickets at www.vampiresand
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
4th on Fourth begins on October 24th, and takes place every 4th Wednesday of the month from 6 to 8PM. Establishments will stay open late, some offering wine & snacks, along with music, art, workshops and special discounts. This monthly event is free and open to the public.
Stop by Revelations Boutique (711 S. 4th) tonight from 6 - 8 and receive 20% off of your purchase.
I'm not really sure what to think about the new Smif N Wessun. My favorite part of the video is the Philly beard, I was hoping it was Freeway but its not. My other favorite part is the destruction of the computer monitor, anybody got a free one I stomp? New Freeway coming later today. Also, Joell Ortiz? Still not sure what the big deal is. What do you think?
Blog powerhouse Gawker Media was recently profiled> in, where else but, New York Magazine. The article covers 7 pages of drugs, snark, the decline of publishing, ego and the ultimate question "Could you become successful in New York without being a douchebag?" Read on for the answer.
The second article concerns yet another "hip" media outlet, Wired's profile of Vice Magazine and its expanding media empire. Starting as a newspaper out of Montreal, Vice has transformed itself into a glossy magazine, record label, online presence and overall media powerhouse. Its latest addition into the fold has been VBS.tv and in "alpha" mode vLes, part MySpace and part Second Life. Where Gawker, continues with what it knows best, it seems that Vice is using its clout to provide actual substance. One could argue that their profiles of favelas of Rio or gun markets of Pakistan don't actually count as substance, but when compared to Gawker, I would say they are "giving a shit". Read Wired's profile
- Oink, one of the best and apparently most popular torrent tracking sites for music was taken down yesterday. If you've never been on Oink, it was an invite only site that enforced strict music quality policies along with semi-strict ratio policies. Oink was not a pay site as is mentioned in the above site. I'm nearly positive that he did not make "hundreds of thousands of pounds". There was an option to donate money to help pay for server costs and if you donated 5 pounds, there was a one time option to invite 2 people to join the site. However, if you kept your ratio up, you would receive 2 invites a month. At least they let him get dressed for the cameras. There is just so much false information in the above clip.
- The Oink admin has since been released so far without charge
- Interesting essays
- Why were the IFPI and BPI were allowed in on the investigation
- Oink did not provide a legal way to download music, but it was a great library.
- Thankfully we have a trusty Internets provider here in Philadelphia that will lie about stopping you from using any type of Bit Torrent application at all. Its Comcastic! Yay, glad you paid for the new building even though you're moving out of the old one.
- Those pesky Internet people have also found that you are throttling/denying Gnutella and Lotus Notes as well. Lotus Notes software is primarily used by businesses for email, calendaring etc.
- Thankfully though, they've admitted it but only so you could get better speeds.
- Of course they admitted after the AP proved after they initially denied it.
- If the whole Net Neutrality debate was complicated before, this is exactly what it was meant to stop, personally this sounds more like living behind the Great Wall.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Vimby.com is a new video sited dedicated to "Videos in my backyard" with Philly being a key city. Vimby videographers were at MSTRKRFT on Saturday and should have video up soon. If you want to be a videographer or "preditor", sign up here. Other videos from Philly include WTHN, Deep Sleep, Smak Parlour, Johnny Brendas, First Friday and R.E. Load Messenger Bags. The site is still early in the amount of content but could prove to be rather interesting and useful in the future.
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Don't everyone hate at once.
Friday, October 19, 2007
- Jinxed Art Opening, free beer. Win a giant turd. (614 S. 4th Street)
- Erol Alkan at Pure for Making Time. Free if you still have your ticket from last week (1221
- Spoon at E Factory
- Brendan Bring'em and JesOne at the Mansion - $4 Drinks
- Zodiac Edition at Medusa (hip hop)
- MSTRKRFT at Transit with White Ts and Jokers of the Scene downstairs
- Dev Rocka at Liquid Charm. Not sure who this is, but its 215HipHop.com sponsored event. Theres an article too.
- Not sure what to do after MSTRKRFT? Like old rave and not nu rave? Derek Palasaiko at Inciting until way late.
- Sundae moves from the Bubble House to La Veranda on Delaware and Market basically. Includes outside deck with those heat lamp things.
- Justice live at The Troc since there was shooting outside the Starlight and the club is kind of closed. Too bad its sold out, they should move it to the E Factory.
- Btw, there are reports that they will be spinning at Silk City after their
tweek knobslive show
- Want more bass and less electro? More UK and less Paris? See Vex'd at Inciting HQ. Grime dubstep massive stand up.
Dudes are crazy on their grind right about now. Saturday downstairs with Jokers of the Scene at Transit with MSTRKRFT, Thursday 25th with Rich Medina and Questlove for the Philly Car Share party, Saturday the 27th at Haverford College and then Nov 2nd Halloween jumpoff at the Arts Garage.
Philadelphia FIGHT (FIGHT) is a comprehensive AIDS service organization providing primary care, consumer education, advocacy and research on potential treatments and vaccines. FIGHT was formed as a partnership of individuals living with HIV/AIDS and clinicians, who joined together to improve the lives of people living with the disease. http://www.fight.org/Each DJ is expected to raise $50, paypal your donation to WKDUEMM @ GMAIL with the name of the DJ who should be credited. Donations over $50 receive a T shirt.
See the full set list on their MySpace page, listen live over the Internets here, or tune your radio to 91.7 FM all weekend long. via WKDU.org
Since we are all talking about
So Tommy jumps in and ends it declaring Pallah the winner and as the loser I had to go up to Cosmo and request a Britney spears track which he didn't play. But it turns out the song that we were dancing to was by Spoon and Spoon is freaking playing tonight with The Pony's at the TLA.
Oh snapadooo I am gonna be dance offing girls all night for beers.
Spoon with The Ponys and DJ Dave P
Friday, October 19, 2007
Doors: 7:30 pm | Show: 8:30 pm
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Can you believe thats the reason we got into this blog shit? D deserves it though, he's working this blog 24/7. I, on the other hand, don't do SHIT. Blame it on writers block. Lack of inspiration.
Except right now. This here is what we call a rant. A quick little reminder that I do indeed post on this blog, and am somewhat responsible for filling up a page from time to time.
I wanna talk about that video D put up earlier. David Choe is a new inspiration for me. Anyone who attacks life so violently is a righteous role model in my eyes. Yes, he's fucking shit up and destroying society. But from outer-space, the only way to tell there's life down here is to set something aflame. Which is to say, most of us aren't doing our job properly.
Graffiti is an inevitability. A way of proving our individuality and assuring the masses of our existence. And it isn't limited to paint form. Vocal graffiti, kinesthetic graffiti, culinary graffiti. Shit needs to be different and violent and out of place. If it's not, then it's too reserved and conservative, and not really worth much of anything to anyone. Show someone something. Make that something stunning, and show it by shoving it down their fucking throats. Maybe they'll enjoy it, maybe they'll vomit it on to the dashboard, either way you've inflicted a change that's greater than what a pretty picture hanging behind a velvet rope could do.
The world is desensitized to polite art. Art that's simply trying to say something. Forget talking. The only reason we speak is because we can't communicate emotions directly. In two and a half years it'll be 2010. The tools we have available to convey emotion are all around us, and are so much more powerful and jarring than the instruments of change our ancestors used. Shakespeare would be so fucking pissed if he knew we weren't using everything we had our disposal. He'd probably come out of his grave and start choking muthafukas.
Okay, I'm not sure if I'm just fucking around with words here, or really saying anything of value, but fuck it, I feel this, so something here must be true. Or it could be I'm on some crazy adrenalin high. Either way, that's a hundred words. Gimmie my fucking paycheck.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
- 5 PM Devin the Dude and Coughee Brothaz in store at Armands
- Devin the Dude and Coughee Brothaz with Del tha Funkee Homosapien at World Cafe
- The Last Driz Horse at the Khyber
- Jes One spins at the Mansion for Hump Day Wednesdays. No cover $3 drinks
- ALSO: Forgot to add this Jazzanova will be playing with Rob Paine. Expect house music all night long. $5 Guestlist before 11.
EXIT PHILADELPHIA, Juxtapoz Magazine, and Upper Playground. Present David Choe, Saber, Revok, and Retna LIVE PAINTING AT EXIT PHILADELPHIA!This totally sucks that its during the day. Check the video below from part of their West Coast tour. Also, were you at FUEL on First Friday? Did anybody else see random older couples posted up just chilling with black Sparks? Most surreal thing I've seen in awhile.
Thursday October 18th, Come check out 4 world renowned artist kicking it, signing autographs, and painting all for you! It kicks off at 2pm and ends around 5:30.
More pics and videos over at ExitPhiladelphia.com
Late breaking news for the one and only Dirty South Joe.
Devin the Dude and Coughee Brothers are gonna be at Armands Records today (10/17) @ 6pm. Come thru and burn a sweet or two."
Meet the Dude himself today and
Armands is between 12th and 11th on Chestnut streets by the weird City Blue, Lady Blue and City Blue II cluster fuck. (How do they all stay in business?)
Editors note: MattSoReal will not be at Armands, Devin and the Coughee Brothers will and definitely visit his blog as it is the Texas rappy rap blog
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Holla! Devin the Dude is playing tomorrow with Del tha Funkee Homosapien at World Cafe Live. Devin's Waiting to Inhale is one of my favorite albums of the year. I got to see him perform a short set earlier this year and it was incredible. Meanwhile, Del is legendary having recorded everything from his own projects to the Heiroglyphics to the Gorillaz to Deltron 3030 not to mention being Ice Cube's cousin. I mean do I really need to mention any of this? If you know, you know. Tickets are 17 - 20 and can be bought directly from World Cafe box office which is open until 10 PM tonight.
Friday, October 12, 2007
- Hip hop happy hour at Silk City every Friday 6 - 8? Sounds good to me
- Large Professor at Fluid with free vodka 11 - 1
- Brendan Bring'em and Jes One now at the Mansion on Fridays
- New DJ's means new people, 19th and Sansom
- Free b4 11, email BringEmOut @ ProStarPR.com for guestlist
- Digitalism at Making Time at TRANSIT
- Pink Skull at 11, Digitalism at 12, Freaking out like crazy people all night
- Turning Tricks with Dev79 at 24th and Passyunk (til 4)
- Art Star Sale with Plaid Pony (1030 N. 2nd)
- Philadelphyinz at Medusa
- Octave One (Detroit techno) at Rizumu at the Vacuum More info at Rizumu.us
- DJ Deejay - Anything you can shake your hips 2 at Silk City
- Tastytreats erry Saturday at Fluid
- Illvibe still every Saturday at the Arts Garage.
- Sundae still going strong at Bubble House
- Next week its moving to La Veranda Ristorante
- Strawberry Mansion Sundays at Silk City
The Banges & Cash EP is available now on CD and digitally. Hit up the Spank Rock MySpace for the links.
Thursday, October 11, 2007
JDS & Benja Styles are two of the most in deman DJ's and producers in the city. Benja Styles holds residencies at 32 Degrees on Thursday and Loie on Friday and Saturday. His remixes are constantly found on Clubbangaz records which are essential for working DJ's. JDS meanwhile has been DJing for over 20 years and was Eve's personal tour DJ when she first burst onto the scene. Since then he has commanded his own evening show on 100.3 The Beat with sexy co host Toshamakia.
Pick up the complete Baltimore Club Music mixtape worldwide at Turntable Lab, Chemical Records in the UK, Phonica Records, Juno, BeatStreet.ca,Hip Hop Vinyl (hhv.de) and your favorite local record store. Baltimore Club Music is volume 1 in the 5151 Mixtape series. The 5151 Mixtape series is distributed by Flamin Hotz.
Holla at Benja Styles, DJ JDS
Promo Mix Tracklist:
1.Keep Fuckin Around
4.Kill em in the Club
9.Pop the Trunk
10.In My Life
12.Say Wut Theme
13.My Crew My Dogs
15.Big Girlz Anthem
16.Watch Out for the Big Girl
Friday: Digitalism at Transit
Next Friday: Free Erol Alkan at Pure
Just announced by Jay Simplefly, MSTRKRFT at Transit??? The only details otherwise are "we got maaad pussy son."
Better buy the glowsticks now because after these three, they might sell out.
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Ticketmaster or better yet go to the TLA (Mon to Sat 12 - 6) to avoid Ticketmaster fees. Or if you're big balling, buy the all inclusive package offered by UWishUNu.com
Bonus: Download the instrumental from MadDecent and download the Sri Lankan remix by Esau Mwamwaya.
Back to Rich Boy:
This is such an awesome video/track. Honestly, the first time you heard "Throw Some D's" you were like awesome one hit wonder, but here he is on his 4th single. Pick up his album for only 9.99 from Amazon. All I'm saying is "The south got something to say".
I love how they get back together at the end. Hahaha. Also, Princess dayum. Project Pat straight chilling in front of an armored vehicle with a streetwear Ben Franklin? DJ Paul's voice is a little weird but the line "I don't need to hit the number 3 times for 1 letter" is awesome. Juicy J straight chilling on the bed with a styrofoam cup. Hahaha. Whats up with the security guard dude? Also, that shirt with the huge guitar on it, YES.
Way more interesting than a "live" performance. You can see the real duo live on Sunday October 21st and Starlight Ballroom with the Midnight Juggernauts. Tickets are $12 at Ticketweb or with no surcharge at Relapse Records (608 South 4th).
Next Monday Cosmo Baker is back in the building with DJ Excel, MC Lix and special guest Andy Smith. You may know Andy Smith with his better known group Portishead. From his bio:
Andy Smith was the first DJ to release a multi-genre mix album on a major label. When his mix-CD The Document hit the streets back in 1998, it became the soundtrack for a generation who had heard Coldcut's Journeys By DJs but needed to hear moreTo better acquaint you with Smith's style I'll be posting mixes so you can hear for yourself. This will surely be a night not to be missed if you are a fan of Shadow, Yoda, Food, Z Trip or the turntable as an instrument.
guestlist. I would suggest signing up sooner rather than later though as the list will be capped early.
Friday, October 05, 2007
- First Friday Art Jumpoff
- 215Festival 0ngoing
- Cornbread (graffiti legend) Documentary 7PM at PAFA (118 N Broad St.)
- No White T's in Philly, they're in Pop Montreal
- Todosantos is playing Friday at Pop also (just sayin)
- Let Me Ride with Guest Designer Drugs at Fluid (613 S. 4th) free all night
- Damage with Dave Mass at Raven Lounge
- Sneaker Pimps with CNN at the Troc
- 9th Wonder at The Mexican Post
- Last Mojito of the year
- Inciting w/Crunc Tesla
- Illvibe with guest DJ Stylus
- Bang at Shampoo
- Wait a minute, in October????
Thursday, October 04, 2007
- Phillies are losing after that awesome grand slam. Yay. I would suggest happy hour if it continues to go this way
- LOLDaveP will be freaking out like crazy people or just cold chillin at the first floor of Bamboo for that Thursday night Jump off with Dan the Swede and Brendan Bring'em
- Ladies is free til midnight. Open bar 10 - 11. $2 Lionheads downstairs all night. Guestlist now.
- Philly Laptop Battle 8 featuring 10 Competitors at the Northstar tonight. $8, 21+
- Mo Money Mo Problems. 90's hip hop erry Thursday at Silk City with Steve Bloodbath
- Nina - Kick it
- Oslo by way of France Nina Martine blonde girl sings over electro blog house riddims
- Ed you signed the wrong girl.
- White Tees White Belts in Canda this weekend
- Jay Reatard from that time he played outside of Sailor Jerry
- Badminton Stamps has an mp3 for ya
- Illadates in Queen Village
- Remember Cheap Dates? Yeah the dates they filmed and usually weren't that cheap? Turns out the name is trademarked so they are now Illadates. How phabulous don't you think?
- Rosie Kim is looking for models - Email her info [at] rosiekim [dot] com
- Jayson Musson has a new Black Like Me and last week's
- A really really long article about how Poe should be considered from Philly
- A cave in Fairmount Park played host to mystics
- More awesomeness with a review of the La Pearl Space Lounge
- Sean Agnew throws evil satanic parties at some weird place called Polaris
Flash invite or direct to UWishUNu for the "password" and buy link.
Tuesday, October 02, 2007
New video from the Cool Kids out of Chicago on Catchdub's and A Trak's Fools Gold Records. This track reminds me of the first time I heard The Pack's Vans track. This one features non traditional hip hop beats rhyming about BMX wheel rims. I've already listened to this like 8 times so I figured I should feature it in its own post. Check the MySpace below to find out where they'll be playing next.
Go Cool Kids, Fools Gold Records
- Crank Dat Soulja Lion King
- DJ Benzi and Lil Wayne present None Higher
- Kanye vs 50 Cent - Kanye Wins
- Hip Hop Links
- Diplo Essential Mix
- Cousin Cole - Party Like a Rock Star
- DJ Funk - Booty House Anthems Megamix
- Diplo Essential Mix
- Cassidy - I Get Money freestyle
- Gorilla Zoe - Hood Figga
- Crank dat (that) lion king
- Daft Punk
- Diplo Essential Mix
- Kanye wins / kanye vs 50
- 51:51 / fiftyonefiftyone
over 1000 pairs of rare, limited edition, vintage, celebrity signed, artists collaborated sneakers and a collection of sneaker inspired artwork, fashion and photography.Tickets are on sale now for $15 at The Troc during normal box office hours ( Mon thru Fri 11:30am - 6:00pm and at 11:30am - 5:00pm) or online at TicketMaster.com. Tickets jump to $20 at the door, so get them early.
Featuring original artworks by Futura, Stash, Doze, Shepard Fairey, Dave White, Cope2, Ghost, Ewok, JB Classics, Methamphibian, Jor One, SBTG, Kinsey, TechVector, C2, EricQ, Jeremy Fish.