Wednesday, October 10, 2007

M.I.A., Bun B and Rich Boy - Paper Planes

Picked this up from the MadDecent blog (I need to add their feed to my netvibes, do they have a feed?) and this track kills. First, Bun's verse includes the incredible line "being poor is a disease, gotta hustle up a cure". Second, I never really "listened" to Rich Boy. The first single, was just "Throw Some D's on that". This verse though really made my ears perk up and go back and want to listen to his album which I have to say is quite good. My favorite part of this verse is "Her name is Beretta and shes motherfucking crazy" except I need to add extra letters because the way he says it really makes it pop.
Don't forget M.I.A. is playing live on December 1st at the E Factory. Pick your tickets up from Ticketmaster or better yet go to the TLA (Mon to Sat 12 - 6) to avoid Ticketmaster fees. Or if you're big balling, buy the all inclusive package offered by UWishUNu.com

Bonus: Download the instrumental from MadDecent and download the Sri Lankan remix by Esau Mwamwaya.


Back to Rich Boy:


This is such an awesome video/track. Honestly, the first time you heard "Throw Some D's" you were like awesome one hit wonder, but here he is on his 4th single. Pick up his album for only 9.99 from Amazon. All I'm saying is "The south got something to say".

No comments: