Thursday, June 05, 2008
Monday, June 02, 2008
Gotta post about this shit cause guess who is reppin hard as shit.....
This is my cousin Will Okuns photo spot. You can also view a lot of pictures from the varoius high school proms that he shoots and basketball games in chicago. Did I also mention that he writes for the New York Times blog..
Monday, May 26, 2008
Friday, May 23, 2008
- Straight Dope 3 Year Anniversary at Khyber
- Turnaround vs Immediate at the Barbary
- Nickelz album release party at the Fire
- Bushy n RnG at National Mechanics
- Rich Medina presents AfroDisco at Fluid
- Julian S Prcss and stereo faith at Medusa
- RJD2 at the Festival Pier for Jam On the River
- The Bounce with Emynd & Bo Bliz at the Barbary
- Mojito on the Moshulu (guestlist)
- Bleached Black at Medusa
- Brendan and Joey Blanco soul travelin on the deck of Vango
- starts at 3, no guestlist, no cover 116 S 18th
- Sundae house music all day long (now til 12:30!) at Bubble House
- Nico the Beast BBQ at FDR
- Free hip hop show in Jersey featuring Reef
- Marinate Sundays with Kenny Meez and Federation sound at Walnut Room
Super producer NSW aka Say Wut has just released a bangin record on the home of Baltimore Club music Unruly Records
Few producers have dominated Baltimore club music in recent years more than Say-Wut. And those who have, namely Rod Lee and Blaq Starr, have distinctive voices to rely on as their trademarks. Say-Wut, on the other hand, has become ubiquitous with a less immediately identifiable sound that's defined, more often than not, by his tracks' high energy and blaring volume.
Listen to the whole album below
Download promo tracks:
Purchase from Unruly Records
Because you clearly won't have partied enough this weekend, the Jang House (at the Barbary) is getting crazy on Monday with special guests Free Blood, Ninjasonik (with the k not the c) and Leif and his Black Magic goodness. Not to be missed. Oh yeah and it's some dude named Spank Rock's birthday. Your residents are Si Young, That Dude Ian, Spankrizzo aka Leroy Jetson and Jayson and NBC.
- First up, tonight is the 3 year anniversary of The Straight Dope. Stop by the Khyber and wish a happy birthday to dem cats.
- Next Thursday DJ Sujinho of Nossa NYC is gracing the decks at Seclusiasis Thursdays at Sals. Also gracing the decks once again in Philly is one Miss Monica Sharp! Plus the Labold Brothers will be showcasing their summer line.
- Be sure to pick up Dev79's Street Bass Anthems 3. Now available at fine retailers everywhere. Preview the tracks below and buy them direct from BeatSource. Or direct from Seclusiasis
LL Cool J, DMX, Redman, and Method Man - 4, 3, 2, 1 remix feat Canibus Master P as featured on Cosmo Baker's Too Much Posse
Not enough DMX up in here. Oh man, remember when it was cool to wear winter clothes 365 days a year? Like snow goggles and puffy coats? Yeah. Oh and I just found the remix video featuring Canibus. I miss Canibus and his beef with Cool J. Remember that one video where he brought out Mike Tyson? Yeah good times. Speaking of which Mike was just in Cannes for a new documentary about his life and Sony just picked it up.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Here's a little behind the scene footage from Seg aka Seth Archambault. Footage shot and edited by Seth with a Bmore remix by System D128.
Editor / Camera Operator: Seth Archambault
Music Remix: System D128
Music Featured: Take You There by Nouveau Riche, Tony's Back KW GRiff feat Miss Tony
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
so june 7th is roots picnic in philly - The roots/santogold/deerhoof/diplo/coolkids . . . . .
NUTZZ!!! MAYOR NUTTER TYPE NUTTZZ!!!
the sunday after is the mad decent block party - 12AM to 8 PM
ive been sittin on announcing it but fuck it... streets division tried to hate but jawntronix wooed them like i neva seen.. dude is a charmer!!! big ups to the 9th floor!
so far we got water guns, t shirts and hot dogs for giveaway!! elmo and dora the explorer are comin.. the mad decent squiggly guy dancers will be there! wu tang contest plus the beatnik jive turkey olypicS!!!
performances by DJ SEGA, BLAQSTARR, FLOSSTRADAMUS, RYE RYE, FEDERATION (KENNY MEEZ), DIRTY SOUTH JOE, DJ TINY DICK NICK, SNITCH, dj octamis prime, DJA, holograms by SySTEm d128, WIreLeSS INtAnEt! DJ DoRM SLUT (R500), DAviD gUeTa, GrAtFUldEAd! cAtSTeFAnS, InDiANa JonEZ, (also circulating that soultravelers and white belts and tees might show up!) SHIIIIT MAD OTHER SURPRISES gUeStES ToO!!!
U cAN fiNd uS oN ThE BaKEtBaLL coOUrT BeHINd ThE SpOt KiLlInG iT aLl dAy sUnDaY. wE GOt BiG aZZ sPeAkErZ!!
JUSt aNNOUNcED sNiTcH dA TUrTlE & PlaStIc LiTtlE!!!!
Umm so yeah, Drop the Lime Friday, Roots Picnic Saturday, Mad Decent Block Party Sunday, End Of world Monday or hang out til tuesday for Snacks and Alan Braxe and Lifelike. So, Philly, you ready for Summer time yet?
This looks dope. Local film premiering this Thursday at the Arbol Cafe.
Sole is a documentary that takes an almost anthropological look into the underground world of sneaker culture in Philadelphia. This film is part of the WYBE series called Philadelphia Stories. A portion of it will air on PBS Affiliate WYBE in May as a part of their sixth season of the annual mini-series event. While sneakers serve may serve their functional or fashionable purposes for hundreds of millions, they also serve as a serious hobby and lifestyle for mavens the world over. Sneakers become not only a collector's item, but some would say that they are even part of a modern art movement.The film goes deep into this underground world by interviewing boutique owners as well as designers and store buyers in order to bring full perspective into this unique business. Sole brings the viewer inside their world for a truly entertaining and informative look into the multidimensional landscape that is sneaker culture. Follow Philadelphia's heavy sneaker hitters as well as everyday sneaker collectors to see what makes them so oddly passionate about this multi-billion dollar industry.
When: Thursday, May 22, 2008, 8:30 p.m.
Where: Arbol Café (209 Poplar Street)
Cost: FREE (BYOB)
Contact me at 5151List [at] gmail for direct contact
Or just waiting for my host and blogging software to play nice, since they haven't wanted to all day.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Friday, May 16, 2008
- 8 Years of Making Time at Pure (yay, not at Transit) with Cutcopy, Black Kids and Mobius
- Robotique at Medusa with Mike Tee and Billy W
- Drink specials til 12 $1PBR, $2 Sparks, $2 citywide
- And Dim Sum at Khyber Upstairs
- Fresh Beats - JJC and Siyoung in West P
- See I - Reggae feat members of Thievery Corp and Rob Paine at Bar
- Kensington Kinetic Sculpture Derby
- Glow in the Dark with Kanye, Lupe, Rihanna, tickets are sold out
- Official afterparty, Mojito at Moshulu with Lucas Rivera, Brendan and special guest
- Air It Out - New party at Bubble House with Siyoung of Plastic Little
- Ten Commandments - Reggae and soul at the Barbary
Aaliyah - Back & Forth
It's Friday and I'm ready to swing.
Aaliyah graces the cover of the FADER's annual Icon Issue. Below you can download the issue as a PDF for FREE as well as an Aaliyah mixtape MP3 by Caps.
FADER 54 - Aaliyah Icon Issue PDF
Aaliyah Mixtape Mp3
Btw, be sure to check out the article on T2.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Tonight at Tomorrow's Radio, its Ian St. Laurent playing jams at the Barbary with special guests for Brendan Bringem's birthday. $1 drinks from 10 - 11.
Happy birthday Brendan!
Last time he went out with the boys, he got thrown out of the champagne room.
Next time he wants to check out some nice racks, send him to Sazz, the newly opened men’s vintage store housed in what used to be Sailor Jerry’s Old City digs. Owner Amanda Saslow’s been hawking vintage for years, but her stock was taking over her house, so she opened up shop.
Clothing from the ’40s to the ’70s will turn the most fashion phobic guys into cravat wearing dandies. He’ll definitely want to check out the embroidered Western shirts and rockabilly gear, and pick up some buckles and hats to round out his look. They also stock bathing suits and lightweight shirts that’ll have him set for summer.
The staff is friendly enough to make him a repeat customer.
And he won’t get in trouble for groping the goods.
Sazz, 38 North Third Street (215-923-7299 or sazzvintage.com).
Check out this video of these dudes in a rave. Fucking rewinded this sound like 3 times. Kids going crazy on the dance floor.
TRC - Burga Boy Style Dub
(low Quality, although I can't even point you to a place to buy it, maybe they will google their own shit and read this and know that people want to support we just need to know where to get this shit.)
Add him on myspace and support. He also has a couple of records out on Northern line and More 2 Da Floor. You can buy those tracks at Juno and Garage Downloads.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
The MOTHERFUCKING Deathset meanwhile are from Baltimore and Australia and Brooklyn. Their latest album is on Ninja Tune's Counter Records, their rock imprint, and meanwhile they've blown up. Emily Rabbit and Spank Rock have been telling me about them for awhile, course I stopped paying attention once they said it was a band...
Also playing resident Danger Danger band Rad Racket "mixes dreamy hardcore with hippie jazz".
Finally, Bonde do Role's pick for this year and last Gang, riding shotgun and killing rats.
Tickets are $10, order them now.
PS: Afterparty at the mausoleum, byob and maybe a keg. 12 - ?
Video For Snowgoons "This is Where The Fun Stops Featuring Reef The Lost Cauze" Off Of "Black Snow" Coming June 24th.
Pick up Reef's Long Live the Cauze Vol. II now.
Previous collaboration Snowgoons - Never feat Reef
Snowgoons, Reef the Lost Cauze
Ian Ward, president of Brewers Supply Group in Shakopee, Minnesota -- the nation's largest craft brew supplier -- says things are only going to get worse. "That's the crisis that brewers are finding themselves in," Ward says. "They're having to review their recipes. The crisis really hasn't hit hard yet."
The hop shortage became noticeable around July, when a market glut and hop reserves stored in extract began dwindling.
The bulk of U.S.-grown hops are produced in the Yakima, Washington, area. Farmers weren't getting a profitable return and got out of the market, switched crops or went bankrupt. The same was happening in Germany, the world's No. 1 hop-growing country.
In the United States alone, there were an estimated 515 hop growers in 1950; 75 in 2000 and just 45 today, Ward says. In 2006, about 2 million pounds of hops were destroyed in an S.S. Steiner warehouse in Yakima, equaling about 4 percent of the U.S. hop crop.
All the while, beer sales are increasing worldwide by about 1 to 2 percent annually. The craft brewing industry is growing yearly by 12 percent. That economic reality is pushing hop growers back into the fields.
Anybody noticed any differences in price or taste?
"Bootleg Sessions v.2" Fixed Gear DVD Trailer from Ride/Relax Productions on Vimeo.
Crazy, new DVD coming first week of June featuring all sorts of fixie tricks. Here's another featuring a track stand.
Preorder now for $15 plus shipping at BootlegSessions.net
Video jacked from Pedestrian who will have it in store.
Monday, May 12, 2008
We have received a formal DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) notice regarding allegedly infringing content hosted on your site. The specific content in question is as follows:
50 Cent - Smile I'm Leaving
50 Cent - I get Money (Forbes 123 remix feat Jay Z and Diddy)
B.o.B. - Grip Your Body feat Amy Winehouse
Busta Rhymes and Mick Boogie - Step Up
David Guetta - Love is Gone (Benja Styles remix)
Chemical Brothers - Do it Again (Ian St. Laurent remix)
Justin Timberlake - My Love (Mark B Fresh remix)
Keyshia Cole feat E Ness Amina - Shoulda Let You Go (benja styles remix)
The party making the complaint (Jeremy Banks -- International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) -- Notices@ifpi.org), claims under penalty of perjury to be or represent the copyright owner of this content. Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(c), we have removed access to the content in question.
Friday, May 09, 2008
- Teenagers at Northstar
- Dizee Rascal and friends at the First Unitarian Church (R5 show)
- Thunderheist and Black Ghosts at the Barbary (RSVP)
- Let Me Ride with Philly house legend Carl Michaels at Fluid (free before 11)
- Jay Yo and Jess Okay at the Raven, $1 cover.
- Philadelphia Independent Craft Market
- Mojito is back! Lucas Rivera and Brendan DJing. (guestlist)
- Red bull and vodkas free from 10:30 - 11:30
- Bushy & RnG play big room house and dance music at the Raven. good times.
- Philadelphyinz at Medusa.
Sunday Night Soul Travelin is back. The Sunday night mainstay, formerly at Loie, is now home at Fuzion Bar & Grill. Fuzion is formerly the Penthouse Lounge.
Good to see Brendan and Joey back out on Sundays.
For guestlist info email lynnbrownmusicgroup [at] gmail
The 2008 Philly BBoy BBQ has been canceled due to too much vandalism.
We received some sad news earlier this week that the B-Boy BBQ is going on a short hiatus and will NOT be happening this year. So yes, it is canceled! Mainly due to the uncontrollable amounts of vandalism that was occurring in the playground and to the surrounding neighborhood area. We will keep you up to date about a new venue as soon as we & the organizers find one.
Hmm, so does that mean it was canceled due to graffiti?
Head over 215HipHop to see pictures from years past.
Lots of little band shit going on tonight.
After you check this show at Northstar you could take the trolly down to Black Ghosts at Barbary.
But as the teenagers would say "ohh whatever".
I am kinda stoked about this so I can score the other SLUM RECORDS 7".
Love you papa north.
Thursday, May 08, 2008
Mickey freestylin to a Precize beat with shout outs to Different Kitchen and Nah Right.
2nd week of Volume 2 and I have a crazy track right here. Competition at its best. When you put 6 lyricists in 1 room and throw a beat on, there's no telling what might happen. And this is no different to that statement. This track was very competitive in the sense that people re-wrote verses, some of us took inside shots at each other, we even told one dude his verse was straight garbage. All in all, its up to the people to decide who had the standout swag, best flow and illest verse. So once again, I present to the people: Jumanji!Mickey Factz - Jumanji feat Nakim, Nymesis, Charlie Clips, Smoke Dza, Curtains
Mickey Space, GFC Blog
Wednesday, May 07, 2008
Oh snap, house music all night long! I guess in this case all day long because DJ Dirty just hit me off with a mix from the Sundae Shakedown WMC Yacht Party. Sundae partnered with Shakedown for a yacht party down at WMC this year...Ok I'm just jealous and I can't really write anything more praising how cool it might have been cause I wasn't there. :( Just download the mix and book your plane tickets for Miami now before gas prices make you walk there because thats the only affordable option. I'm not mad. I swear. Expect soulful, funky, party on a boat house. Make some mojitos or caipirinhas and just chill. Use the grill, its nice outside. Invite some friends over. I'm having a BBQ real soon, I've got venison burgers. We're doing it real big this weekend. Holler at me.
"For your hipster flavor and house fresh smell, make sure you count on Dirty every time"
Sundae and monthly at 4 AM.
Hip hop will definitely be in the building this Thursday at Club Polaris (aka Starlight Ballroom at 9th and Spring Garden). Buckshot of Black Moon / Boot Camp Clik is headlining with Reef the Lost Cauze and DJ Too Tuff of the Tuff Crew on the wheels of steel. Also performing Godhead The General, Magnum O, MAGr, and Ethel Cee. Strictly 21+. Presented by Center Stage and Thor Takeover.
Advanced tickets are $15 and $20 at the door. Get them now at Brown Paper Tickets.
Bonus: Mind tricks the body, How many MC's must get dissed?
I was going to just post the link but I forgot how great this song was.
BoingBoing.tv airs two animated shorts this episode. Part 1 features Syd Garron's animations set to Qbert's Sneak Attack.
"Next, an animation based on work by illustrator Jon Burgerman for his forthcoming book Pens are my Friends, produced by Jason Arber and Wyld Stallyons."
Download the video via the menu link.
Animation on BoingBoing.tv
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Brand new project combining Last.FM + YouTube automatically creating your own MTV channel. Up above you can see Crime Mob with "Rock Yo Hips". Now I'm listening to DMX. In between has been System of a Down and Ikaw(??). Really interesting, although the creator states that it's only "an experiment, and it will probably stay that way." I kind of wish there were other sizes besides too small and fullscreen, so I'm going to contact him now. Its the dopeness either way though.
5151 Last.FM + Youtube Channel
Sunday, May 04, 2008
Friday, May 02, 2008
- Black Lily Film and Music Fest is underway
- First Friday, head to Space 1026 for sure too for the Pillow fort.
- LA Riots at 4 AM
- Hip Hop Lives at the M Room with Reef, Electric City and more
- And Dim Sum at the Raven. The flyer is so crucial
- Hurrah at Medusa
- Sorted rock dance party turns 10 at the Barbary
- Cru Cut at the Bubble House, hip hop and drink specials
This is to advise everyone that The Arts Garage will resume bookings for post June 1, 2008 events. Events that were canceled during the shut-down may receive first preference, considering that new date(s) were submitted via email by Friday May 2nd. Before booking new events, it is imperative that we discuss new operational changes, some of which are mentioned below:
1. In addition to installing Sprinkler System, we have also applied for a Liquor License. We hope to have one in place by August 1st 2008 or sooner. In the interim, there can no longer be "open bar" parties. Events may be promoted as "BYOB". Promoters may provide complementary non-alcohol beverages, including cups, can sodas, and water.
2. Guests carrying drinks on wheels (coolers) and back packs will not be admitted. Management reserves the right to refuse admission to patrons carrying backpacks, coolers, and other bulk/large items.We also reserve management discretion to refuse admission when deemed necessary.
3. The addition of a Liquor License also suggests that we can only open until 2:00 a.m. We are continuing efforts to secure a 3:30 a.m. closing, but until then, the venue will close no later than 2:00 a.m., patrons must vacate the premises by 2:30 a.m.
Thank you for your time and consideration and for your continued support of The Arts Garage. Please help get the word out. Feel free to contact me at 215-806-1491 with specific questions or requests.
Ola O. Solanke
Thursday, May 01, 2008
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Monday, April 28, 2008
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Friday, April 25, 2008
- 4th on 4th tonight. Stop by Revelations for some sweet deals
- DJ Sega, DSJ and SteroFaith at Medusa
- Money Folders III at 69th Street Lounge
- Straight Dope with AC Slater
- Body Rock at M Room
- Jungle at Bubble House with Karl K and friends
- House music all night long with Playloop at fluid
- Live Forever with Designer Drugs, Jhn Rdn and Club Lyfestile at the Barbary
- Rave the night away at Soul Sonic at Transit
- RMT + Oh Murder at the Khyber
- A Sides at Johnny Brendas
- Bleached Black at Medusa with special guest Diamond Girl
- Win tickets to see Atmosphere from 215HipHop
- MAGr & Charlie K - Calvin Klein
- Nico the Beast, 2ew Gunn Ciz, Reef the Lost Cauze, M.O.G. - Crush Rock
Stereo Fa!th is from DC and kills it. You already know about DSJ and DJ Sega. Oh and surprise guests!!
Medusa 27 s 21st.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
San Francisco's Worthy of Dirty Bird Records (Claude Von Stroke) invades Fluid for Got it Bad tonight with Wally and Marcus Sugars. Free before 11, $5 after. Drink specials til 11.
Mad Pussy is back once again (with the renegade master) at Bamboo. The little deck outside is so totally worth it. Work it out upstairs to Brendan or downstairs to DJ DeeJay. Free drinks til 11, $5 cover if you're on the list.
A TRIBE CALLED QUEST, NAS, MOS DEF, DE LA SOUL, RAKIM, METHOD MAN & REDMAN, RAEKWON & GHOSTFACE, IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE, DEAD PREZ, MURS, JAY ELECTRONICA, WALE, B.O.B., KIDZ IN THE HALLSurprisingly enough even though Spank Rock and Santogold are both on the bill, they will not be playing in Philly. Meanwhile, the Pharcyde have reunited, with all four members playing at all festival dates. Read an exclusive Q&A at Fader in their latest issue with Boosie.
WITH SPECIAL GUESTS: THE PHARCYDE
HOSTED BY: B-REAL, SUPERNATURAL & SCRATCH
Meanwhile Noz over at XXL seems to be not happy about the Cool Kids invasion. Though Emynd summed it up nicely "I guess hipster rap really is the new backpack rap isnt it?"
high bit rate from Lab, iTunes quality or buy the beautiful vinyl
South Rakkas Crew, Mad Decent, Boy 8-Bit
Get at these prodcures on myspace here
Burga Boi myspace
Witty Boy myspace
Shouts out to Senari who is doing her booking thing and promoting tracks. Its kinda crazy how promoting is pretty much all myspace now but I did see some flyers for this in all the cool spots (even at Unruly Headquaters). I wonder who be working the street team for your shit. Reguardless YGG and yeah kitten crew or what ever that bullshit is.
Check the tracklisting for the new Bo Bliz & Emynd mix tapes over at Crossfaded Bacon Blog. Download them below.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
New mixtape from Skratch Makanik DJ Excel and MC Elixir. Throw Your Hoods Up features 24 track with over 60 minutes of funk featuring your favorite club tracks, originals and remixes. peep the tracklist above with LA Riots, MIA, T2 and Excel's own remix, Blaqstarr and more.
DJ Excel, MC Elixir
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Monday, April 21, 2008
I'm really feeling this song. A fun banger to roll through summer with the windows down sort of track. Sadly nothing else I've heard is anything like this at all. This reminds me of fellow Chicagoans Cool Kids - Black Mags (peddlin down the block...).
Catch Kidz in the Hall on tour in Philly May 9th with Dizzee Rascal, El-P and more at the First Unitarian Church. Tickets are $15 and you can pick them up at Ticketweb and Relapse Records (608 S. 4th). More info at R5Productions.com
When this song was first making the rounds (over a year ago?) it was a Wes Fif song feat B.o.B. now its B.o.B. feat Rich Boy and no Wes Fif. Still a great song though even better now with Rich Boy.
Other fun ways to use Barack's name, why Baracky the Movie of course!
Or just Jang House tonight with Plastic Little and Spank Ro every Monday at the Barbary.
Friday, April 18, 2008
- Click at fluid
- Turnaround vs Immediate at the Barbary
- Robotique: Mike Tee & Billy W at Medusa
- And Dim Sum upstairs at the Khyber
- Record Store Day!
- Bounce at the Barbary with Emynd & Bo Bliz
- Kate Nash After party with Turbostation Troc Balcony
- Tastytreats at fluid
Thursday, April 17, 2008
- Krames at Mad Pussy at Bamboo with the outdoor deck FTW! Guestlist
- Sgt. Sass, Gang and friends at Millcreek Tavern in West Philly
- Mo Money Mo Problems at Silk
- I still have 3 hours left at work so I'm going to the liquor store to buy margarita mix and tequila. Nothing wrong with that right?
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Video For Playaz Circle "Paper Chaser Featuring Phonte" and "We Workin" off of Supply & Demand In Stores Now!
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
These dudes are mad funny and getting some interviews and funny videos... Subscribe to their youtube page here check out that video for Esau Mwamwaya "Chalo", shit is serious... plus add this dude on myspace
Then on to some singer songwriter shit..
just for good measure here is some electro cuts....
Beyond the Rave is a vampire story set in England's underground rave scene. The movie follows the last hours of freedom of local soldier Ed, who is flying out to Iraq in the morning. With the help of his best friend Necro, he spends his last night in the UK tracking down his missing girlfriend Jen, last seen partying with a bizarre group of hardcore night-time ravers led by the mysterious Melech. But as he catches up with Jen at a party, Ed discovers that Melech's crowd, who are hosting the event, are looking for more than a night of fun, and that not everyone will make it through to dawn.Episodes begin April 17th at MySpace.com/BeyondTheRave
New interview up at Coolhunting profiling Philadelphian artist phi Jon Krause
With a folio that includes some of the world's most reputable publications, Philadelphia native artist Jon Krause has been causing waves in the art world for intelligent illustration and cutting-edge creations. CH caught up with the Tyler School of Art graduate to discuss inspiration, online galleries and transformers.Link, JonKrause.com
Another massive 4x4 banger from the one and only Mr. V. He is also know as Virgo for all you grime instrumental fans but that shit is tired. Its all about the big basslines of the UKG 4x4 ut ohhhhhhhhh... The main reason I am posting this track is for the half time break downs that are becoming really common in 4x4 tracks. I think they are absolutely essential in the mix and really add that break in a hardcore 140(+) bpm set... I guess thats kinda why I like the tracks with girls singing lines about dudes also cause it really breaks up the grittyness of this shit. Anyways for the real shit check Mr. V 4x4 myspace page to listen to Weekend Lover that is my shit....
Go to HTFRdotcom and get at the Music Hustler record this dude put out. Game Over kills it everytime I freakin drop it..
Monday, April 14, 2008
Official video for the single that got dumped from the US release: Birthday Girl feat Patrick Stump. The video is sans The Roots but it features porn star Sasha Grey. The Roots stop by The Colbert Report tomorrow at Annenberg theater. Tickets are all sold out but you can wait in line starting at 10 am, to see if there are extras (doubtful). Last night, the Roots participated in A Night of Too Many Stars with Comedy Central to raise money for children with Autism. Today they linked up with Rik Cordero again to shoot the video for Rising Up and we'll post it as soon as it's released.
Unofficial video of Birthday Girl
Rising Down out April 29th, pre order now with or without a t-shirt.
Friday, April 11, 2008
- Jayson Musson's Too Black for BET Book Release party at the Mad Decent Mausoleum 6 - 10
- Let Me Ride - Art, Joey, Illy and Kevin keep the party moving every second Friday
- Skipmode upstairs at Khyber with Future Shock
- Zodiac at Medusa
- Philadelphyinz at Medusa
- Hip Replacement Upstairs at the Khyber with Mike Tee and Billy W and friends
- Make Yr Break - Awesome dance party at Bubble House
- Shakedown with House music all night long at the Barbary
we give you this alternate version of "Rising Down (Hum Drum)" which was made when the original version almost got scrapped due to a sample clearance issue. First one to name the sample in the album version WINS a Rising Down Pre-Order pack of your choice!Link
Oh and DJ Sega gets the girls open in Canada.
Link (via KDU)
Thursday, April 10, 2008
- Rob Forbes, founder of Design Within Reach, recently documented his bike ogling in Amsterdam and Copenhagen. "The details of the bikes can be loaded with cultural information." Read on as Rob has plenty of pictures highlighting headlamps, seats and bike accessories in general. Link
- Philly BikeShare moves one step closer to realization on April 30th when City Council votes to investigate it or not. Meanwhile The Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia has worked with the Deputy Mayor of Transportation "to create a full-time Bicycle and Pedestrian Coordinator position in City Hall." This position, hoped to be filled by July 1, will work on updating the decade old city bicycle plan, making Philly even more bike accessible. Link
- Bike Porn Trailer(NSFW). A bit old, but hey I've never linked it so it's totally new!
- Fixie freestyle competition
- Philly Bike Polo! Wedensdays at 7 at Schuykill River Park. Video