Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Jai Alai Savant - Thunderstatement

2005 like whoa up in this bitch. All of these tracks are taken from the "Thunderstatement" EP from the Chicago by way of Philly band Jai Alai Savant. These dudes basically make incredible reggea dub dance rock tracks that some how seem to flow into each other on endless loops. I saw them live, bought this cd and played it non stop in the car on the way home. Really some great music in here. So the other day I am over at Repo Records selling some CD's back and I only get $7 in store and I am looking around and can't decide what I want. And there on the wall is the new full length "Flight of the Bass Delegate" on vinyl for $11 bucks. So I had to get it and to my surprise they re recorded a lot of the tracks. So all of these right here are on the full length but not the same mixes. I still love listening to this EP since it sounds like Major Taylor is jumping out of my headphones yelling at me about his love life. Shit is really ill. So also please support these guys by going to their shows and buying the CD. It's really good. I listened to it the other day hung over while laying on my porch drinking a cup of coffee at 9:45 in the morning, I am gonna miss my roof deck.
Links: Buy Jai Alai Savant, Major Taylor

No comments: