Friday, January 25, 2008

Philly Sound Clash Recomendations again




Tom posted his recommendations over here but he didn't talk about the band that totally blew people away this year. Yeah they don't have guitars so are they really a band, well I guess they have a bassist? Fuck if I care cause they got that killer xylophone on lock. Is it even really a xylophone, I can't think of the word you use for that instrument at this time. But Gang really came through in 2007 and I hear they got big things poppin for 2008.



I wanna see that Gang and Yo Majesty collabo soon aight....




Vote here for Gang in Philly Sound Clash

5 comments:

Tom Jonze said...

crazy me, i was basing my opinion a BAND that writes MUSIC and then PLAYS it. not some "just get a few chicks on stage to yell obnoxiously while dancing around in a total hipster way while never picking up an instrument" band.
i guess every pot needs a lid.

Casi G said...

Can the hate, I was just giving my two cents on who I think deserves a spot on that CD. Gang does write all of their music and they do play it live. Do they have enough material for a 45 min set? ;)

Big things poppin little things stoppin in 08.

di1 said...

You sound rockistThey're definitely a band. There is a bassist/keyboarder/etc, a drummer and two singers.

Tom Jonze said...

this happens to me whenever i hear hipster hop.

di1 said...

There is no way this is hipster hop at all. They're not trying to be hip hop. They're like the 2008 B-52s. Plus they don't need permission to fuck shit up, fuck fried chicken you know?