Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Tonite: Josh Wink at Fluid

This man holds down a residency every last Wednesday of the month. This is must go to party in Philly if you like dance music. I'm busy and lazy so I just pulled the below from Jae Slay and Saints & Sinners.










The Local Town Hero Josh Wink!!

One of the most Humble,Creative and Hardest Working DJ's in the city, returns for his Monthly Night of Magic at Fluid.


Here's How I Remember Josh,


It was 1994/95, I had just moved back to Philly from Hawaii where Raves weren't anything compared to how it was Stateside. I went with Rob Paine the first night I came back to one of the NASA parties up in NYC.The Other DJ's on the bill were Keoki, Scott Richmond and a few others. The ONLY One worth remembering was JOSH.

His DJ Set was a Rollercoaster of Extented Drum Builds and Deep Rich Bass tinged with some Acid & ranging from Tribal to Drum and Bass and whatever else he felt like mixing it up with.

That Night I'm Positive I wasnt the only Newest Fan! He had the whole place moving and begging for more.

So here we are It's 2007.The man's had a countless amount of original material released under his belt

"Higher State of Conciousness" "Are You There?" "Dont' Laugh" "I AM READY"

Remix projects for RadioHead, Moby, Skinny Puppy and DJ Sneak to name a Few.

So it's pretty safe to say that Josh is still just as Passionate about the music as he's ever been!


Follow up to what this amazing talent has been up to since then at

http://www.myspace.com/j0shwink &
http://www.myspace.com/ovumrecordings



AND BE SURE TO HAVE YOUR ASS THERE WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!

JOSH WINK & FLUID NIGHTCLUB= GUARANTEED GOODTIME


FLUID NIGHTCLUB
613 SOUTH 4TH
$5 BEFORE MIDNIGHT $7 AFTER
21 & UP WITH VALID I.D. is a must

No comments: