Friday, January 19, 2007

Pharoahe Monch - Gun Draws

This is an absolutely incredible video I first saw over at HoustonSoReal. Pharoahe Monch album dropping in Spring.



EDIT: Its "Gun Draws". Also check out GunDraws.com for the lyrics. Read these facts on gun violence. 2006 was one of the worst years for homicides in over a decade with 344 out of 406 murders in the city attributed to firearms. Whats worse is that as of the 15th there were 25 murders already compared to 14 last year (I don't agree with his logic at all, much more to it than city government corruption.) One last thing, murders are up everywhere this year, especially in cities with over a million people. I've lived here for more than 7 years and have been lucky enough not to be touched by any of this. I've heard shots but nothing more. No matter what city I lived in I would be still be talking about this.

No comments: